Achieve Your Goals!
We help you to feel confident and energized by relieving symptoms of Irlen Syndrome, as well as, helping you to overcome learning challenges. Experience less stress and get excited about all areas of your life!
Learning Associates of the Grand Valley, an Irlen Clinic, focuses on providing high-quality, personalized services for clients with Irlen Syndrome. We also provide educational services: consultations, evaluations, and individualized instruction. Let us help you reach your goals.
WHAT IS IRLEN SYNDROME?
“Irlen Syndrome is a perceptual processing disorder caused by the brain’s inability to process specific wavelengths of light.”
– Irlen Institute at Irlen.com
- Light sensitivity, especially to flourescent lights
- Reading difficulties
- Math difficulties, misaligns numbers or confuses math symbols
- Easily distracted, sometimes misdiagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder
- Eye strain when reading or computer use
- Poor Depth Perception
- Some people with Irlen Syndrome are misdiagnosed as having Dyslexia
- Symptoms vary so individuals may have one or more of these
It’s a BRAIN THING…
Irlen Syndrome affects how the brain processes light.
Symptoms can include reading difficulties and physical symptoms such as eyestrain, light sensitivity, fatigue, headaches or migraines.
WHO DOES IT AFFECT?
It affects approximately 20% of the general population, 46% with reading problems, and individuals with autism spectrum disorder or head trauma.
WHAT OTHERS SAY…
“I have had severe headaches every day of my life. I have been to doctors, taken medication, and gotten glasses. Nothing helped until my Irlen Spectral Filters.”
~Deana, College Student
“I knew I was smart and not crazy.”
~Regional High School Student
“Now I understand what they are going through…”
Connect with Us Today!
"*" indicates required fields