Achieve Your Goals!
WHAT IS IRLEN SYNDROME?
“Irlen Syndrome is a perceptual processing disorder caused by the brain’s inability to process specific wavelengths of light.”
– Irlen Institute at Irlen.com
- Light sensitivity, especially to flourescent lights
- Reading difficulties
- Math difficulties, misaligns numbers or confuses math symbols
- Easily distracted, sometimes misdiagnosed as having Attention Deficit Disorder
- Eye strain when reading or computer use
- Poor Depth Perception
- Some people with Irlen Syndrome are misdiagnosed as having Dyslexia
- Symptoms vary so individuals may have one or more of these
It’s a BRAIN THING…
Irlen Syndrome affects how the brain processes light.
Symptoms can include reading difficulties and physical symptoms such as eyestrain, light sensitivity, fatigue, headaches or migraines.
WHO DOES IT AFFECT?
It affects approximately 20% of the general population, 46% with reading problems, and individuals with autism spectrum disorder or head trauma.
WHAT OTHERS SAY…
~Deana, College Student
~Regional High School Student
Connect with Us Today!
"*" indicates required fields